Friday 6 September 2013

Colt M1873


 

     The Colt M1873, or Colt Single Action Army, or Colt .45, or Peacemaker, or Colt SAA, or "The Gun That Won the West"... was a Single Action revolver. Single Action meaning that the revolver will only fire when the hammer is pulled back manually by thumb.

     Now the main reason I made this was because someone asked me to make a Single Action Revolver, and then animate the method of reloading, the whole opening of the Loading Gate, pushing the Ejector Rod, and having a shell fall out.

     I decided to try out some hard surface modeling, I watched a few tutorial videos on general hard surface modeling and thought I'd try it out and incorporate some of the techniques into this model... luckily it looks kinda cool; it has that extra 'oomph'. The overall model is missing screws and the catches on the cylinder, and the texture on the revolver is just a shiny kind of blinn...


     Haven't been doing much modeling, mainly because I've been working.






No comments:

Post a Comment