Wednesday 17 July 2013

M67 Grenade Crate

Grenades are addressed "To Whom it May Concern"
 The M67 High Explosion Fragmentation Hand Grenade (or "grenade" for short,) is  wee ball of composition B explosive fun. It replaced the M26 (Lemon) and the less reliable Mk II Pineapple grenades in the US Military.
  I don't know much about the M67, it's not really my forte. It's not like us Canadians can go buy these to take to the range and chuck them about. Well we probably could get some blue training ones or those chunks of metal you find at military "surplus" store.

    I actually modelled this for a completely different thing, see for one of my classes, some lighting thing, we were given a scene and was told to add Mental Ray lighting and model one extra fruit. Now Pomegranate in French is "Grenade" (pronounced differently but still...) and the Mk II grenade was called nicknamed "Pineapple", while the M26 was called "Lemon". You can hopefully see where I'm going with this. So I modelled the M67, even though it's nicknamed "baseball" I still thought it'd be ironic or something. After modelling and texturing the grenade, I figured the humour would be lost when the instructor marks the assignment so in the end, I quickly modelled a pear and plopped in in.

No comments:

Post a Comment