Monday 1 April 2013

Hello out there...

Hello there, my name is Michael Buerfeind (pronounced "bur-find"), I am a 3D environment / prop modeller and I reckon I should start putting up some pictures of things made in order to get some sort of presence out there in the world.


   I really enjoy modelling firearms for two or three reasons (I'm thinking about it as I type), One reason is that in order to model a good enough firearm, you should learn about it first. Looking up any references of the gun, and the pieces that make up the object. For my Mauser C96, I have 79 reference images. I also check on YouTube, many people have done reviews, close-ups, reloads, many things that'll help in figuring out how to assemble the model. In the end, I would learn new things about the firearm, which is always exciting.
   The other reason why modelling firearms is enjoyable, is teaching others about them. Most people don't know much about guns, which is part of the reason why some people are afraid of them; people fear things that they don't understand. Someone sees me working on a gun and will ask what that is, I would generally tell them about it and then add some (unnecessary) anecdote or history about the gun.

Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy these models and the any subsequent commentary.


-Mike



Sparse room with a few firearms
First guns I made in Maya when I started 3D modeling program at VCAD long ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment